I have three baby movement stories from this week. The first story comes from Monday during the workday:
I was at my desk and I started poking with my left-hand across the top of my belly (near the top of my uterus) for no reason other than I do it often. I passed my belly button then came across a weird bump. The bump was under my skin, rather hard, and was about 2 inches in diameter. I used a couple fingers to push on the bump and not only felt it go in slightly but I felt movement against other parts of my uterus. “Ah-HA… I found you!” I thought. I needed my hand for a couple of minutes to finish up something on the computer, but when I went back down to rub her, she had moved.
Second story comes from Monday night / early Tuesday morning:
I had gotten up for my twice-nightly bathroom run and returned to bed. I got in and laid on my left side. I stayed there for about five minutes before determining that I was not comfortable. I then lay on my back and felt uncomfortable within thirty seconds. My only option then was to lie on my right side. Maybe ten seconds after I got on my right side, I felt her moving to rearrange herself to get comfortable. I thought to myself that it was too early for her to start doing that, but apparently I was wrong. I just can’t wait until her nighttime sleeping rearrangements keep me up. (Please note sarcasm.)
Third comes from my doctor’s visit this morning:
All went fine today, my doctor decided to postpone my cardiologist referral since I was able to stay conscious all month! If I can’t stay conscious for the next 4 weeks, then I will be forced to see a cardiologist to ensure that there is not something else going on that making me pass out. Her heartbeat was easy to find and was 150 BMP. My doctor measured my tummy (21 cm), which was right on target. She then felt around my uterus, got her hand on either side of it, and jostled it around a little bit. Once she stopped and removed her hands, I could feel the little one moving all over the place. I think it was one of those, “Oh my god… earthquake! Quick, seek cover!” moments for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment