We had our super-duper ultrasound yesterday at the hospital. The great news is that there was nothing that came up as out of the normal. Bone structure is proportional, heart has been properly formed, looks like he isn’t polydactal like Laine and Daddy, etc.
He is 6 ounces, which is small for being 18 weeks. However, during the first ultrasound when we were 8 weeks my doc said he was measuring 5 days smaller. The lady doing the ultrasound said the same thing yesterday. So, if he comes into the world late, no big whoop.
He was asleep at the beginning, so the lady had no issues getting pictures of him. Then he started tapping his left foot and woke up. He got very active and decided to roll over. By the time the doctor came in the little one decided to give him a run for his money.
Oh and if you couldn’t tell already… he is a boy! Yay! In all my dreams of him he has been a boy. Except for one dream where he was a girl; I looked at her and said, “Sweetheart, you were supposed to be a boy.” So, it looks like I was right after all. (An aside: Have you noticed how many times I have typed s in this post? I have. Mostly because my keyboard has not recognized half of the ones I have typed.)
He received his first gift last week from Lindsay and Ack. It is an adorable little onesie with a little frog on it.
Yes, I have started feeling him. Mostly when I am laying down on my side. I try to go to sleep while he is tickling me.
Laine has been a little spitfire as well. She blabbles and every once in awhile will appear to throw a real word in there. She is certainly picking up words even if she doesn’t always use them. “Kitty” is no longer “key-key,” it is hard k sound, almost Yiddish sounding. Laine handed Daddy a toy last weekend and he said, “Thank you” and swears Laine then said, “You’re welcome.” This morning Laine sneezed and said something with two syllables that sounded a lot like “bless you.”
Laine’s newest trick? I taught her how to go “Aaaa” then tap her mouth with her hand. By taught her, I mean that I did it once and she copied me. She won’t do it on her own but when she sees someone do it, she will do it too.
Laine is a certainly a free spirit. I can’t count the number of times I have gone to pick her up from daycare and have had to take time to scan all the babies playing in the center of the room and think to myself, “Where is she?” Once I found her against the back wall making out with herself in the mirror. I usually find her investigating the high chairs, which are in the front corner of the room.
For those who were wondering, I took my three-day Introduction to Fondant cake decorating class last week. Pictures can be found here. Use the same password as if you were going to go look at pictures Laine.
No comments:
Post a Comment