Laine is now walking on her own with confidence. This began last week. Last weekend was filled with chasing a walking and screaming baby going, "Ma! Ma! Ma!" or "Da! Da! Da!" or just plain "AAAAAAA!"
Let's see what else. Some random lady with only 5 or so teeth stopped me on the street outside my work 2 weeks ago and offered me a very wrinkled, dirty, and stained maternity shirt. It was actually quite touching. This lady had very little. Her church gave her the shirt even though she certainly is not going to have a baby (she was too old to have a child). She didn't even ask for money for the shirt. It was just a shirt she knew that she couldn't use and that I might need. I let her know that I was all set despite her touching gesture.
Last week I paid her nice gesture forward. On my way into the train station from work I found a $20 bill on the ground. (There are so many people around that station that it was obvious that it had only been on the ground for less than 60 seconds.) Once in the station there was a woman my age digging through her pocket with a look of concern. I asked her if she lost some money. She said yes. I held out the 20 and asked, "Was it a 20?" After I said that I came in the station behind her and found it on the ground, she took it. I didn't get a thank you out of her, but I did get several shocked looks from people around us. On the way through the gates a guy looked at me and said that the woman was extremely lucky that it was a person like me who found it.
Oh wait... this is a blog about the kids, not me... sorry about that aside there.
Mr. Unborn Baby now knows that he can go upside down. Then back to right side up. Then back. And forth. Etc. Lucky me! He isn't exactly small anymore and the feeling of a baby flipping inside you is NOT comfortable.
I am getting up 2-3 times in the middle of the night to pee. Thank you little one for putting all that pressure on my bladder even when I am laying down.
When he is awake and active, it looks like I have bombs going off in my abdomen. It is rather funny to see my tummy dance around. In general he is a pretty good baby (when he is not stretching and stabbing me with his feet and toes) and we have begun to play the "chase the knee/foot around game." He sticks his knee or foot out and I draw circles around it with my fingers. He moves it and I move along with him. We continue this game until he gets frustrated and retracts his knee or foot.
When Laine sees my naked belly she is compelled to put her index finger in my belly button. I hope to get a picture of this later since it is rather funny.
We are down to two names for Mr. Unborn Baby. Actually we have been down to two for awhile now. We are just keeping our baby's name hush-hush this time around. You'll find out when he is born. It'll be a surprise! So if you do know, don't go blasting it around. Here is a hint though: his first or middle name will be after a very special relative of mine that had a very positive impact on me and my life.
I am sure there is more to say but I am tired and not thinking straight.
No comments:
Post a Comment