Wednesday, February 16, 2011

On his side

When I went to pick up the kiddos at daycare today, Trent was asleep in his crib. He was on his side and one of his hands was holding into the rail. It was adorable.

Trent grabs onto everything. If he sees it, he has to grab it and hold it. He has not learned the letting go part yet. That will come with time... I hope.

Like Laine, he thrives on routine. Earlier this week Daddy was going to give him a bottle before bed and I was going to do Laine's nighttime routine. Trent fussed, refused the bottle, and refused to calm down. Daddy and I switched places and did our traditional routine. I began nursing Trent and he was asleep in less than five minutes. Apparently all he wanted was Mommy.

You know what? I wish I had the skill to eat in my sleep like Trent. He can be passed out and snoring, yet he is still able to drink from a bottle or nurse from me. Snore, snore, swallow, snore.

Laine's comment when she dropped her crayon box last week: "Oh, darn it."

No comments: