So, yeah, for the past couple of weeks when I lay still and focus on the sensations in my abdomen (typically when I am relaxed in bed), I can sometimes feel little flutters. I can’t feel them if I am not paying attention. And just because I am paying attention, it does not necessarily mean I can feel them.
I liken it to taking a water balloon and filling it with soda. Which is then inserted into one’s abdomen. Then leaning back and being able to feel the slight little tickles of the bubbles forming and releasing on the inside of the balloon. This all simply means that I am in the, “I am not sure if that feeling is the baby moving or not” stage of pregnancy.
There have been two times now when I have focused and I have been able to say, “Yeah, that is new!” But that has been only twice. I am sure that this will change over time and I will wish that the little one would just sit still. But until then, I want to feel more!
Therefore, the word of the day is quickening.
3 comments:
The Quickening refers to a phenomenon in the Highlander films and television series. When an Immortal is beheaded, there is a powerful energy release from their body which is called a Quickening.
You could name him Connor or Duncan with a middle name of MacLeod.....or not.
Hey Guys! Found the blog. Congratulations again! Quick question: I tried to click the pictures and it asks me for a password. No idea what that would be. Thanks for taking the time to make this page. It will help all of us back here in Hudson to not feel so far away!
Oh, and I voted boy. Not sure why, but since I did that, its gonna be a girl, just cause that is the way things go with me :)
Hey Steph!! I am glad I remembered the right web address off the top of my head. :-)
The password is ThatGuy&KP
There are no spaces and it is case sensitive. The title of the web page is ThatGuy & KP, so that should be a good reminder for you!
Post a Comment