Our son so far is a little cuddle bug. He moves and kicks but settles quickly. This is a good thing because this pregnancy is going to kill me. I can’t stop eating! Actually, that part is not so bad. The time when I was unable to stop puking was not so great. I am glad that part is over with. His heartbeat during our last appointment was in the 140s. I don’t have a tummy measurement to share (my doc forgot the measuring tape), but my uterus came up to my belly button.
I fear that Laine will have a drinking problem when she gets older. Here she is kissing the kegerator.
She also apparently likes chocolate ice cream.
Laine’s first birthday party went very well. And she had a very good turn out. We went all out. Al smoked some ribs and pork. He then made 5 different BBQ sauces for people to sample. I made pudding cups. (I melted chocolate and made the cups and filled them with banana cream pudding and chocolate fudge pudding. They were topped with cool whip and sprinkles.) I also made petit-four brownies, dipped them in melted chocolate, and then piped some rose buds on them. Then there were the cupcakes I made...
(Big grin.) The sunflowers are Oreo cookies with hand piped petals made of royal icing. The butterflies are made of white chocolate. I melted the chocolate and piped the outline of the wings onto waxed paper. I then dyed some of the chocolate blue and filled in the outline. The daisies are made of a combination of fondant and gum paste. I used a daisy cutter to make them. The centers are halved mini-marshmallows dipped in yellow colored sugar. The monkey candle was from Laine's baby shower cake. All of the cupcakes were covered in green fondant.
No comments:
Post a Comment