Sunday, October 31, 2010

Potty, Cold, "Oh no!"

Laine did the oddest thing yesterday. She asked to use the potty FOUR TIMES! Each time she went pee in her potty. Why am I so surprised? She isn't even 18 months old yet people! This is young, even if it is a temporary thing. She even knows how to use toilet paper... kinda.

Trent's cold is waking him up at night. His nose gets clogged and he wakes up. Poor thing. Oh wait, I mean poor parents! He has had this cold for most of his out-of-womb life.

While my children look more like me than Al, I have discovered some traits that Trent has not gotten from me. Snoring and farting. Both typically done while asleep. Yup, not my genetics at all. I am not saying who he has gotten these from, I am just simply stating that it is not from me.

A cute thing- When Laine hears Trent cry, she puts her finger to her mouth and says, "Shh!"

Another cute thing- Laine has done an excellent job adjusting to Trent's presence in the house. She likes to gently rest her head on Trent and smile.

A funny- Al was in the kitchen and I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. I heard Laine laugh, so I went into the living room to see why she was laughing. I found her kneeling over Trent, who was in the swing, and Laine was wiping Trent's face with a baby wipe. Trent had his hands up in the air and was shaking his head back and forth. He had a "what in the world is going on" look on his face. Laine enjoys carrying a baby wipe around. She uses them to wipe up her snotty nose, wipe down flat surfaces, and wipe the floor. Apparently she thought that Trent's face was in need of a wipe down too.

Another funny- Laine's newest most-frequently-used-phrase is "Oh no!" She uses it when she sees a mess. (Another trait that does not come from mommy.) When she says it, she puts her arms out to her sides with her palms face up. When she gets down from her highchair and sees the food she dumped? "Oh no!" When she dumps her toys on the floor? "Oh no!" When she sees a dust bunny on the floor? "Oh no!" It really is quite hilarious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm - wonder where she got the "oh no" from?

Like needing the feet to be blown on perhaps?



:-)

mom