Sunday, June 19, 2011

Herb Garden

We decided to take up the bulbs in the garden bed next to the entrance way to the house. The bulbs that I planted there did terribly and many were eaten by squirrels. We turned the bed into an herb garden.

I wanted signs to indicate what the herbs were. Not having a lot of money to spend, I was determined to make the signs myself. I turned to Etsy to get inspired. That yielded no results. I then went to Michael's. I left irritated but with an idea. (I found nothing there that even came close.)

Here is the final look:


I used several of the broken terra cotta pieces we had in the backyard. I purchased the paints from a kid's paint-by-number kit. Laine finger painted the pieces then I wrote the names. After a quick spray of clear paint for protection, TA-DA, Laine and Mommy's herb markers!!




No comments: