Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Look & Being Mobile

When I went to pick up Trent from school today, I made him crawl to me. His teachers gasped as he crawled three feet and into my arms. Such a good little boy! They said that he had been on his knees a lot today and they thought that he would be crawling soon but didn't know that all he needed was a little encouragement.

At home, I made him crawl to me so that I could feed him dinner. After dinner he wanted to go back into the playroom so he could move around and grab stuff. Once Daddy came home we had Trent crawl to him. Needless to say, by the time bedtime came, Trent was completely absorbed in getting himself to where he wanted to be.

We were all playing in Laine's room right before the kids went to bed. You could tell that Trent was thinking, "Oh look, a book on the floor! I'm gonna go get it." Once he got there, "Oh there is a stuffed animal on the floor over there. I'm gonna go get it. Oh wait. Laine has something cool. I am going to get that instead." His crawling is not made up of smooth movements, but I think they will be by the end of the week.

When it actually came time to go to bed, Trent was NOT happy. He cried. He did not want to stop crawling. When Daddy explained that he would still have the skill tomorrow morning, he seemed to calm down.


Six months ago was Laine's first haircut. This past Sunday was Trent's. We just had to get his hair out of his face. He hair is so curly it looks shorter than it really is.

1 comment:

Dr Donna Scribner said...

WAHOO we can see his whole face! AND ears (they look a lot like Al's if you ask me)!

I guess the baby gate is mandatory now huh?

Love the story and love the hair and love you all!

Mom