Monday, June 8, 2009

So many hours in the day... so little time

Seriously! There are 24 hours in a day. Yet, I only get an hour or two (if I am lucky) of "free" time. Therefore I apologize for the lack of postings recently.

Here are two Mommy-Cam videos. Please note that Mommy is an idiot and did not realize that a video image could not be rotated after the fact. To compensate, just tilt your head. Also note in both of these videos Daddy is NOT holding Laine's head up. She is holding it up on her own. We have noticed that she has amazingly strong neck and back muscles. I attribute it to the 2-4 hiccup attacks she would have in my belly each day. God knows if that is what did it or not though.





In other news:
-Last Friday, Laine became a 10 fingered woman. Her pinkies look great!
-Our specially ordered Amish rocking chair should be picked up by FedEx today in PA. I think it should arrive here by Thursday at the latest.
-Laine likes to bury her face in Mommy & Daddy's chest while napping. Apparently Mommy used to do this as a baby... oh wait... Mommy still likes to sleep flat on her face. It is a rare art-form to be able to sleep directly on one's nose without suffocating. And Laine has mastered it already!
-The umbilical cord still has not fallen off. I wonder if the doc on Wednesday's appointment will do any finagling with it.
-My mom left on Saturday. There were many tears (from both Grammie and Laine). There were smiles. And there were some "see you laters."
-During my mom's visit we did three separate tours of local daycares. Two here in our town and one in downtown Atl. Our top choice is the one by my work. We are keeping the option of moving her to our second choice once availability opens up due to their proximity to our house and their quality program. Their wait list is approximately 8 months to a year long! (Although the program by my work is equally, if not better, in educational quality. Cross your fingers that they will have availability in mid-August!)
-It is great that NPR plays classical music during the day. Laine is learning to enjoy it.

No comments: