Laine is asleep for a catnap, so I have time for this quick little story that happened a little while ago:
I was burping Laine and, as usual, she was falling asleep during it. (She does not like her back rubbed but she finds it soothing to be whacked on the back, go figure) I started doing various things to see if I could rouse her. I grabbed both of her feet and kicked them back and forth while saying, "Look, Laine, you’re swimming!" but that did not work. I tried asking her what she did today but that did not work. I tried telling her about my day but that also did not work. So I decided to see if she was ticklish in her armpits. She was! "Heeheehee," Mommy said in a devilish voice. "So if I do this (Mommy tickles armpits) you are going to wake up?" Laine wiggled and squirmed out of the burping position. I stopped tickling her and rested my left arm on the back of the couch while my right hand tried burping her again.
I was wearing the Boppy and when I wear it (which is pretty much all the time) I permit Laine to wiggle herself into whatever position she gets herself into. Sometimes when she is tired she throws her weight to the side, so that she is on her side with our tummies touching, and instantly falls asleep.
I was still grinning from my cunning way of waking her up to get one last burp out. However, she threw her weight towards my left side, and instead of falling asleep, she stretched out her arms. Her left hand went directly into my left armpit where she proceeded to move her wrist back and forth. "Hey!" I said. She grinned right before falling asleep as if she was thinking, "Payback is a pain in the butt, isn't it Mommy?"
No comments:
Post a Comment