Monday, July 20, 2009

2 Month Doc Appt

Laine is now 12 lbs and 4 ounces!! AAA!!! I guess that explains her ability to take 6 ounces of milk at a time. This puts her above the 75 percentile in weight. She is 23 inches, which is the 75 percentile. Her noggin' is 16 inches, which is the 90 percentile. She has such a big head but she still has excellent head and neck strength. This isn't just my opinion but the doc's too.

The poor thing now has band-aids on each of her legs. She got five shots. She screamed so much that she wasn't making any noise with her screams. I was worried that it was going to cause a rough afternoon, however, she was asleep by the time we reached the car and has been asleep (for the most part) all afternoon. I say "for the most part" because she is sleeping very lightly and is grumpy at the slightest noise.

Let's see, Laine has accomplished a lot since the last post. Let's see what I can remember:
- As you have seen, she "coos" and "talks."
- We have had mini-laughs.
- Her hands have found each other and she holds her own hands from time to time.
- Her hands have found her mouth. She is able to suck her thumb but she sometimes has difficulty finding her mouth. Also, she has not learned what to do with her other fingers. They usually end up in her eye or nose, which she does not like too much.
- I think she is getting close to outgrowing her size 1 diapers.
- She drools... a lot.

No comments: