So I keep getting asked if I have noticed if my hair was growing faster than usual. I honestly couldn’t tell. My hair was 20+ inches long! One does not notice a big difference between 21 and 23 inches over the course of a month or two.
For months now I have been saying it is time to cut my hair, mostly because it was long enough to donate to Locks of Love. So this past Sunday, I called one of the upscale salons in town to make an appointment. (I noticed how “upscale” it was when I was told the final cost AFTER the hair cut.) The salon was great in sending in my hair for me to Locks of Love. I gave the stylist creative freedom beyond ensuring she knew that I needed a ZERO maintenance hairstyle. I figured if I was going to an upscale place, I was going to make them work for their money. Besides, from all the money I saved from not getting my hair cut professionally for three years, I figured I could justify the cost. In the end, I saved money overall.
So, my long hair is now gone. It is shoulder length again with layers galore! Now to “conduct science,” as Shaggz puts it, to see if pregnant women’s hair does in fact grow faster. Of course, I never took base-line non-pregnancy measurements, so there is no control group data at this point.
5 comments:
It the finger thing for real? If it is genetics is crazy!!!
Yup, finger thing is for real. As we have been learning, extra fingers and toes are actually very common. I think I read somewhere that it occurs in 1 out of every 500 live births. The doctor said that we likely know someone with an extra toe or two. But since they probably rarely wear sandals, we'd never know.
That person we know is Al.
Marta wanted to know if any other Braga has extra digits, like Al´s brother, for example.
Other than Al, I don't know anyone else in his family that is polydactyl. Any Braga out there know?
As we discussed at Christmas... to our knowledge, there are no Braga's or Melo's other than Al who are polydactyl
Post a Comment