So obviously people I work with are finding out that I am pregnant.
I told one of the training guys on Monday night. A few minutes later he then said, “Oh, that makes so much sense now. That is the reason you needed the stool when you presented a couple months ago!” At the training he was talking about I had a 2-hour presentation to give. Most of you may know that morning sickness was not horrible for me, however pregnancy has made me very light-headed and I can get extremely dizzy if I stand too long. (A story about that to follow.)
He then explained that someone made a point to come to him during that training to point out that the youngest and healthiest looking person that was presenting that day did so sitting down, while everyone else stood. Supposedly there was some sort of indication that it was wrong and unprofessional of me to sit. He did not go into details who said it because it was apparently someone I knew well enough to pick out of a crowd.
I find it odd, and sad, that someone who works with individuals with developmental disabilities was so quick to judge another person based on outward appearances. I really want to know who said it, because I would love to create another "foot-in-mouth" experience for someone. Heehee.
1 comment:
Happy to learn it's a baby girl!
Avo Braga must be sooooo excited!
Prior to learning the baby's gender, we were commenting how we could see Al being a Dad to a little girl.
Congrats!
Tio Victor and Tia Emily
Post a Comment