We got home this morning from our trip up North. We managed to fit everything in our suitcases and carry ons... somehow. Well, to be fair, Al packed. Yesterday, Al went to open one of the packed suitcases and the zipper came off. So off we went to get another suitcase. Funny thing- we got the same exact suitcase that we had to go and buy to bring back baby stuff on Thanksgiving. So, we now have matching luggage! Very cool! We used one of the totes that my Gram gave us to serve as a second carry on bag. It was needed!
Anyway, back to the point. The title of this post is Spoiled Baby. Why? Because she is going to be starting her 20th week of development tomorrow (only 50% done "cooking") and I swear she got more presents this year than anyone else I know! I took pictures of everything she got and posted them on Shutterfly (PW: ThatGuy&KP). It is under "Baby Items" and I put a comment under each picture stating who gave it to her.
My mom gave me a gift card to JoAnns. Since the closest JoAnns to me down here is 40 minutes away, I went shopping up north. I got all the material necessary to make a monkey quilt. That's right, the nursery theme is MONKEYS!!! I will be searching the internet for a simple cartoon monkey face for me to use to create a monkey pattern. I promise that I will keep a picture log of the quilt to put on the Shutterfly Account once done.
On a separate note, I have been feeling her move more than once every day. Kicking/punching/head-butting is in also in full force! I can feel when she rubs up against me. This past week, I was having the feeling that she was rubbing against the base of my uterus and I told my mom she was moving. My mom came over and put her fingers where I said I had been feeling her. In the process of stating, "Oh yeah, I feel just a little bit of movement," the Little One kicked the palm of my mom's hand! I gave my mom the "See!" look. My mom got so overwhelmed with feeling her granddaughter for the first time her eyes swelled with tears. Note- Al still says he hasn't felt her and still contends that it must be gas.
A new feeling that I felt for the first time XMas evening was the feeling of her stretching. When I felt it for the first time I asked her, "What in the world are you doing down there!?!" I then told Al that it felt like there was a spring-loaded curtain rod stuck in my abdomen.
On a secondary separate note, a special thank you to Heidi for donating her old maternity clothing collection to me! Since I seem to be bubbling more and more by the day, I am finding that more and more of my pre-maternity clothes just don't cut it anymore. Tomorrow I need to go through my clothes (again) and try on my pre-maternity clothes (again) to determine what does and what does not fit anymore.
3 comments:
Oh you lucky people being the first of both families with this generation´s chirren. This child will undoubtedly be spoiled rotten. Maybe someday, when I have money, I can contribute to this with some crazy thing from Spain or elsewhere in the world. Maybe something like this: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2244/2424831867_aac47c5274.jpg?v=0
Monkey theme huh. I call dibs on making her a Sock Monkey doll.
.. no need to thank me for the clothes, you did me a favor in taking them and sparing me the work to fine a good charity to give them to.
Like I told you, we are most likely not having more children, but even if we do I was so sick of wearing the same 5 outfits for 4 months straight (and you will figure this out soon)that I will gladly buy new maternity clothes should there be a next time.
Post a Comment