So it appears that we have pretty much settled on a name. Now we are just debating on how to spell it. I much prefer the “e” at the end, while Al does not. Why no “e” for me you ask? Because Lain is a character from Serial Experiments Lain. (And before you ask, yes, we have the whole series on DVD.) I would like to take at least a small step away from Japanese characters names since both our cats are named from characters from Neon Genesis Evangelion (Misato and Asuka).
The spelling with the “e” is found in baby books. Apparently it is English in origin.
Middle name, I am leaning quite heavily towards Marie. Therefore, I am heavily advocating for Laine Marie Braga.
Final determination will be posted later.
6 comments:
Please, please name your daughter Lain!
Aw, I was hoping you guys would name her Pen Pen.
I like both spellings, but with Laine it is possible for her to eventually marry someone with the last name Laine and become Laine Laine (or Laine^2)
If it were me I would go with the "e" to make it more obvious that she is a girl to distant observers (or future teachers or telemarketers for example). But I'm biased as I definitely have a thing against gender vague names. ... And before I hear it from Frank, Addison is quite assuredly feminine, as long as she stays in the U.S. :)
I can honestly say that I have never heard of a male individual named Addison.
The E is very important. It must not be left off the name.
I disagree with the E sentiments. Laine looks like a last name. Also since Braga is a Portuguese last name, one might try to pronounce it as "lah-EE-neh."
If you`re taking votes, I put in 5 for Lain.
Also, this is the coolest thing ever. You two are awesome.
Post a Comment