Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Too Early for Hiccups?

Alright ladies out there, what the hell do baby hiccups feel like? I swear within the past week I felt her having many episodes of them. It is a slight rhythmic thumping every other second or so, but only lasting a minute or two each time. It isn’t a kick and she isn’t changing positions.

I know hiccups are completely normal, but it seems a bit early for me to feel them. We are “only” 25 weeks along tomorrow. (This coming from the lady who felt movement very early on. Darn me for being so in touch with my body!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that brief thumping is right before the alien bursts out of your chest.

Unknown said...

Addie had hiccups constantly, but I think that was only in the third trimester (it is amazing focused you are on every little thing when your pregnant/your baby is little, and then how fast you forget it all! Keep a baby book!)

I can't really describe the feeling as anything but hiccups. Addie's were clearly hiccups, regular spaced little movements, lasting minutes to hours; quite distinct from kicking and moving. She got the hiccups a lot as a newborn too.

The distinction between movement and hiccups should become more clear as her kicks get stronger.

Anonymous said...

Heidi nailed it.. they are small, rhymthmic jumps,,, all in the same place. Later she will get "upset" that she has them and she will add kicks as well.

This is so much fun - makes me laugh!

mom