Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tomorrow- Third Trimester Begins!

Tomorrow marks the beginning of the third trimester. That means I have been posting for 3 months now, and boy what a change!

Less than 3 months ago I was beginning to feel itty bitty tiny movements. Now? Well, let's just say that while we were waiting in line to order "our" lunch today, she had a minor hyper spell. I would say there was a good 30-40 seconds of rapid kicking, punching, quick body movements, etc. My tummy looked like there were firecrackers were going off inside it. I can only imagine what it will look like in another 3 months: Al- "Look there goes her foot! There's her head! Oh, look, a hand!" Me- "Ouch, quit it, OW, get your foot out of there, that's my bladder you are kicking missy, OUCH, stop it!"

Three months ago we didn't even know she was a girl. She did not require her own pillow to sleep on at night (she has her own feather pillow now). She had plenty of swimming room. Three months ago I could see my feet while standing. I could stand up from a kneeling position without grunting. And I never ever waddled. Oh, how things change!

Things I will be looking forward to in the next three months: Birthing Class (we will be taking it next month). Her discovering my ribs and the pleasure of using them to help her stretch. Me being unable to stand up from a kneeling position no matter how much grunting I do. Waddling 100% of the time everywhere I go. My feet and ankles swelling to the point of being unable to fit in my own shoes (I'll steal Al's). Using my enlarged belly as a shelf, perfect for holding my dinner plate! Having backaches for hours, correction, days. Whining at Al to give me a foot rub and/or back massage on a daily basis. Going to the doctor's office every other week.

THEN there will be the three months post-birth! Where I know I will lose the concept of what sleep is and what it is used for. Our house will turn from "adult central" to a disorganized messy miniature version of Kids R' Us. "No, it is YOUR turn," exchanges will occur daily. My coffee addiction will return. And I will crave the conversation of ANY adult I come across (of course the topic of conversation will be the cutest thing she did that day). Oh, how things will continue to change!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds about right. Although I could still move around pretty well and only waddled from weeks 39-41!

Confession - I have to actively try to not talk about Addie when I get to engage in rare adult to adult conversations!

Kamikaze Pigeon said...

I think that is true of any mommy. Which is why I suspect that I will be the same. I am sure "baby-on-the-brain" somehow helped to keep all our ancestors alive thousands of years ago.