This past Saturday I was determined to walk this baby out of me. (Son, you were issued your 7 day Eviction Notice last Friday and you are running out of time.) So my mother and I went for a walk Saturday morning with Laine before it got too hot outside. We ended up walking 2.3 miles. It sure did have an impact. Yup, once we came back I was in desperate need of a nap. That was about the only thing that it did. My hips loosened a little more, I guess that is positive as well.
It is the wee-hours of the morning. I have insomnia and I do not feel like laying in bed and letting acid reflex attack my throat. So, I am up with the kitties. Let's see, what to up-date you on.
My body apparently loves to give me false labor pains on Monday evenings. I had a couple of hours of it again this week. An hour or two after I went to bed last night it stopped though. Sigh.
Laine now waives. She sometimes says "bye-bye." Other spoken words: milk, dog, all done, up, your welcome, no, two shoes, and then the random phrases that you wonder if you heard correctly. Such as, "I'm going out the door." I swear that is what I heard in response to asking her, "Where are you going?"
Laine is learning the words to Ba-Ba Black Sheep. She watches and listens intently. She then sings Ba Ba Ba Ba... all in tune, but she is trying to figure out how to contort her mouth to make the word "black" and "sheep."
Trent is a cuddle bug still. I have a feeling he is going to be my laid back child. He slept a lot yesterday and thus far this morning. Maybe he knows something that I don't know. A rest before the storm, perhaps? Wink wink nudge nudge.
He is in the perfect position for child birth. His back is to my right side with his legs and arms to my left. His head is in my pelvis sideways, which is just perfect perfect. We are now 3 days away from his due date. Wink wink nudge nudge.
He has been having the hiccups 2-3 times a day, the poor kid. He does not get mad at them though. As a general whole, he has not minded having someone in his space either. He minds when people play with his feet, arms, and legs. But if I rest something on him (provided that it is not hot or cold) he doesn't try to kick it off. He is aware of temperature. He can tell when someone has their hand up to my bare belly. He will kick and wiggle against the heat source. He does not seem to mind it, he just knows that it is there.
He has dropped more and he is no longer able to use my ribs as a butt scratcher. Thank god.
We have our hospital bag packed up. It is nice to know what to expect. We over packed last time with Laine's birth. I looked at a couple lists online and in my baby book. "Won't need that. Won't need that. That's packed. Won't need that" etc. Those lists make you prepare as if you are going to a back-woods hospital that doesn't have any idea what is involved in childbirth. Lucky for me, this hospital does.
Yes, I am still working. We have all the plans worked out if I go into labor there. Many people have offered to help at work. From driving me directly to my hospital, to riding with me on the train while I am in labor, I'm covered. I think I have previously mentioned that a woman on my floor used to be a Mid-Wife, who has also offered her services to me. Meanwhile, my supervisor says that she is very capable of calling 9-1-1. So, I really have all my bases covered. As long as I don't have an emergency, which would entail me going to the closest hospital to my work, I am good.
The closest hospital is very important to the city. It is one of the largest public hospitals in the country. They specialize in gun shot wounds... I mean, they have the only level 1 trauma center in the city. Seriously, if you are shot in Atlanta, Grady is the place to go! They also specialize in delivering drug-addicted babies... I mean, they have a very good Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. With all sarcasm aside, there are many non-drug addicted women in the city who choose to have their babies there. If you were delivered there, you are known as a Grady Baby and there is a sense of pride in it. Again, a very important hospital for this city, but one I'd rather not deliver at.
It is now 5:20 AM. I have been awake since 3:15. I'm going to go lay down until the alarm goes off. Ain't insomnia great?
No comments:
Post a Comment