I ended up sending out an Emergency Back-Up Plan email to friends in the area. So now I have a list of people I can call if this little guy makes an early escape. My mom arrives on the 12th.
On my appointment on Tuesday, I will have the doc check to see if I have any physical advancement in conjunction to all this pain I have been feeling. Like right this second... breathe breathe... oh this hurts... (pause from typing)... aaaand there we go. Moving on!
So I promised I would post about the baby shower that work put on for me last week. It was organized by my supervisor, Rosalyn, and the theme was Sweets & Treats. There was a spread of sweet junk food and a plethora of presents (aka- treats).
Of course, Cassandra would not let the shower go by without making me wear a foolish hat. She maintained it throughout the shower so that I would have maximum embarrassment. (Me sitting next to Linda reading an email she received. Cassandra adding accessories to the hat while I opened presents.)
There was a mishap when the red velvet cake was brought in. So it was turned into "dip." It still tasted excellent though. (Linda scooping Rosalyn's Red Velvet cake into a bowl.)
Some of us did not leave our work at our desks. (Judy and Melissa hard at work on their Blackberries.)
Lots of good presents were received. (A Linus onesie from Melissa. A handmade photo book about Laine from Christina.)
And many people came.
(L to R: Me, Raelene's back, can't remember her name, Stephanie, Valerie, Rosalyn)
(L to R: Melissa's foot, Shelia, Cassandra, Christina, Lee's legs)
(L to R: Rosalyn, Stephanie, Valerie, the back of the head of the woman's name that I can't remember, Judy, Melissa, Shelia, Cassandra, Christina, Lee's legs again)
(L to R: most of Ricki, Melissa, Linda, Dazara, Wendy, half of nameless woman. I hope I can remember her name just in case she finds this site.)
More people than that came, but I only have really bad shots of them or the back of their heads.
No comments:
Post a Comment