Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Stretching Membranes. Well, that doesn't seem all that bad.

So being awake since 3:15 AM and having a plethora of energy all day apparently made my blood pressure rather high. Whoops!

Trent's heart rate: 140s
Tummy Measurement: 35 cm
Dilated: 2.5 (and can still stretch it out to 3 cm)
Effaced: 70%

To assist things along, my doctor stretched my membranes. That is a nice way of saying that she put my fingers in my cervix and stretched it out as far as it would go several times over. That's rather... uncomfortable. The hope is that it will get my body to progress the next time I am having false labor for hours on end. So far tonight I have been in quite a bit of pain. Several contractions. Some stronger than others. Not really in a pattern. None are debilitating. I can pretty much talk during them still. Therefore, I know that I need to be in a lot more pain before this comes to anything that will result in a baby.

No comments: