From 4 PM to 9 PM yesterday I was having rather strong false labor pains. I could walk and get them stronger, and I managed to get 3 full contractions, but nothing stuck. At 9, everything just went away.
My mom is here now awaiting the arrival and helping with Laine. It is nice to know that we will not have to call anyone to watch Laine when I go into labor.
My mom was playing with the little man last night. Rubbing his back, chasing his foot/leg, etc. Suddenly my mom said, "You are having a contraction." Of course I was. It was small but certainly present. As one would expect, my uterus had turned into a stone and my mom was unable to play her games with the little one until it went away. Well, I admit, I got up and started walking to make it get stronger. (Whistling and acting innocent.)
When I got in to work this morning, Myrtis said (in response to me coming to work and not having the baby), "I am very disappointed in you." I laughed. On my way out this afternoon, she said, "I hope not to see you tomorrow!" "That is the sweetest thing you have ever said to me," I responded.
Stats from today's doctor's appointment-
Tummy measurement: 34 cm (Smaller because he dropped a wee bit more. See next stat.)
Head engagement: -2/-3
Dilation: 2.5 cm but my doc was able to stretch it out to 3 cm with her fingers. (Note- that is not comfortable)
Effacement: 50%
Heart rate: 130s
My doc indicated that it is very likely that I will go into labor in the next week. THANK GOD! Oh, did I say that out loud? Whoops. If I do make it through the week, a new plan may be introduced.
Oh and were you aware that putting pressure on the pressure points that induce labor really work? I MAY have been rubbing those spots recently and I MAY have been able to induce a small contraction or two or three or more. (Whistling and acting innocent again.) Oh, and there is a spot on the hand as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment