Wednesday, September 29, 2010

To induce or not to induce? That is not the question

So my appointment yesterday showed that no new advancement has occurred. Shucks!

However, the ball is in my court as to when I want go to the hospital to deliver this little one. It was pretty much indicated that I can call and say, "I would like to go to the hospital now and have them induce labor," to which my doctors will respond, "Okay." Scary thought.

Since he is healthy, not showing any signs of distress, moving regularly, etc. I have no desire to go through induced labor unnecessarily. Well other than the fact that I am sick and tired of being pregnant! But that is on me, not him. I will permit nature to take its course and only permit medical science to intervene if he shows signs of distress or if I hit week 42.

Natural forms of induction though are free game! Since nature will prevent those methods from actually working if the baby and mommy are not ready, I am comfortable with using them... frequently.

No comments: