I saw the better liked Doctor today. She always seems to give me better news than the other one.
Currently-
Dilated: 2.5 cm
70-80% effaced
Engagement: -1 to -2 position
It is nice to hear that all that "false" labor through the week actually helped to move things along. (Slowly but surely.)
Over the past week, I've had false labor 1-2 times a day on 5 out of the 7 days. Each episode lasted 2-4 hours each. Many contractions have been strong enough to keep me from talking.
Last week the mucus plug was showing signs of coming out. However, some came out during today's appointment. Hopefully the rest come out at some point this week.
5 comments:
I remember being extremely frustrated with my 1 1/2 months of pseudo-labor and I wasn't otherwise in pain as you appear to be :( However, once I went into real labor I was very excited to already be half way there and had a relatively short labor. I hope your pain now helps out on the big day!
That was the exact point my mother and I discussed today! She was also telling me that the contractions I have from time to time now should be the same intensity that I will have later. I have been told otherwise in other literature... so I will just have to find out for myself.
My experience was more like the literature, but maybe you will have genetics on your side and have an experience like your Mom.
After 41 1/2 weeks the midwife broke my water and I was instantly in labor. The labor contractions were a level of magnitude greater than the pre-labor contractions. However, I labored in a tub and that helped cut the intensity a lot.
Apparently, even though many hospitals in GA have recently revamped to become competitive, only ONE hospital offers water births. (I am not sure about local birthing centers.) If I had the option, I would certainly be in the tub for the whole thing.
Our hospital only has two rooms that have tubs. Those rooms are on a first-come-first-served basis. I am crossing my fingers that one is open when we go in. I think I would prefer to go through transition in that.
I didn't have a water birth, just labored in the tub which was not in a labor room - I had to walk the hall back to my room (which kinda sucked!). The Dover hospital does have one room with a tub for water birth, but you have to take a class prior to birthing in the water.
Post a Comment