Saturday, April 25, 2009

Got an Opinion? Well take it and shovel it

(I mean that in the most comical ways possible, I promise. I even made a reference to Demolition Man, for those of you who were paying attention.)

My point is that I think I may be done with the whole "everyone else's opinion" thing. If I had a quarter for every first opinion I have been given and a dime for every subsequent opinion that same person has given... I'd have her college & graduate school tuitions paid for by now.

A Naked Tummy Pic from earlier this week:



Opinion Topics That Get Under My Skin:
-You are so tiny for being that far along!
Seriously, the next time you see a pregnant lady who is waddling super slow and is wincing in pain because there is a skull rubbing against the inside of her pelvis... the LAST thing you should ever say to her face is that she has another 10-15 pounds to gain before it is all over. I've gained 30 pounds so far, which is perfectly healthy for a full-term pregnancy, thank you very much.

-She hasn't even dropped yet.
SERIOUSLY?? Where the hell does she have to go to "drop"... the floor?? I believe that is called childbirth.

-Don't do that, you are going to hurt her development.
It was 8 ounces of decaf coffee! Even if I had a cup of regular coffee a day, it is still an okay amount of caffeine to have.
And since when am I not supposed to be eating foods that have been heated in the microwave? I promise that she will not come out radioactive.
And yes, I have my doctor's permission to walk from my car in the parking lot to the train platform. And yes, I am permitted to take the stairs if I feel up to it. And no, I do not need to lay in bed twiddling my thumbs until she comes out.


Today's Tummy Pic:

Hey, who put that there?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really appreciate the Demolition Man reference.

I also read somewhere that blogging angers the fetus, which will likely cause deep-seated resentment later on in life, particularly in the teen years.

Kamikaze Pigeon said...

Is that why she is having hiccups right now that are strong enough to move my entire body?

Unknown said...

I feel your pain and it will likely get worse once your out and about with a newborn!